Definition of Reconnection
Reconnection in BACKND Match means reconnection to the game room after the in-game server is disconnected due to an abnormal reason.
Connection to the in-game server may be terminated in the following cases:
- If the connection between the client and the in-game server is unstable for more than 30 seconds due to poor communication conditions or other reasons, the connection to the in-game server is terminated.
- If the client is terminated abnormally during the game or the user ends the client forcibly, connection to the in-game server is terminated.
Depending on the situation, the SDK may try to reconnect automatically in BACKND Match or you may attempt it manually.
When the SDK attempts to reconnect with the server automatically
- If the connection between the client and the server is lost, the SDK tries to reconnect to the server automatically.
- If reconnection fails, the SDK disconnects from the server.
When you attempt to reconnect manually
You may try to reconnect when you restart the game after the client is closed.
- Check whether there is an ongoing game in the BACKND asynchronous server.
- If there is an ongoing game, you may try to reconnect manually using the returned information.
When it is impossible to reconnect
- If you request matching after connection in-game server is lost, the game will be processed as a loss automatically. Once you have lost in the game, you cannot reconnect to that game.
- If another user ends the game(a game result message is sent to the server) while connection to the in-game server is lost, you cannot reconnect to that game.