BACKND Match provides transmission of binary format data in a real-time game environment.
BACKND does not provide a way to transform data to be transmitted by the developer into binary data.
There are many ways to serialize & deserialize data.
With JSON, data can be conveniently serialized/deserialized.
- The advantage is that it is easy to use.
- The disadvantage is that serialized data is larger than the original data.
- How you can transmit data using JSON is explained in BACKND's tutorial.
Using Google FlatBuffers
FlatBuffers is a serialization/deserialization library developed by Google to transmit data fast without parsing/unpacking.
- The advantage is that the user only needs to attach FlatBuffers to data without parsing/unpacking, so it is easy to use and the code will be simplified.
- The disadvantage is that it is a little harder to use compared to JSON.
- For more information on its usage guide, see the Google FlatBuffers page.
In addition to the above two methods, the developer may select another way to serialize/deserialize.